Being a teacher who presents, which is a very new adventure for me, has been quite interesting to say the least. I didn’t know just how few of us there are that actually are able to go out and talk about the things that we do with our students and still stay in the classroom. In fact, I have been to a few places where there were less than a handful of teachers presenting and yet the entire conference was geared toward teachers. Hmmm… But I get it. It is hard to leave my classroom. It is hard to leave my family. Presenting and sharing the words of my students is an incredible opportunity that I am honored to get, but it is like having two full-time jobs at times. Yet, I can’t help but wish that more teacher’s voices were heard at all of the conferences that surround us.
Well, that is exactly what the founders of the Teachers Leading Teachers Conference, John T. Spencer and A.J. Juliani thought so too. But instead of wondering about it, they decided to do something about it. So what are the details of this awesome totally online conference?
The Teachers Leading Teachers Conference (from July 16th-20th) is bringing the best teacher leaders from around the world together to present and share their failures, wins, and practical strategies for teaching today’s student.
Here Is The Best Part
The entire conference in online (no travel or paying for accommodations)! Each session is available live, and as a digital copy. This format allows you to bring back the learning to your colleagues and school leaders at anytime.
It’s often difficult to explain the experience of an Edcamp or conference when someone wasn’t there, but the TLT Conference gives you access to that learning at any time. Sign-up now and take part in this first of it’s kind, online conference for teachers.
What You’ll Get As An Attendee
- Over 20 Live Presentations From Top Teachers Around the World – Mine is all about empowering students, one of my very favorite things to discuss and share about.
- Digital Recordings and Access to the ALL Presentations Forever – think of the wealth of knowledge you will have access to!
- Certificates for work completed and each session – I love this because my district gives me PD Hour credit for conferences like this.
- 20+ Hours of How-To Sessions from Teachers Still Working in Schools
- Bonus Resources From Our Presenters That You Can Use Right Away
- Free eBooks from the Presenters and Conference Leaders
- The Best Online Experience with Cisco WebX Platform
- Live Q&A Before, During, and After Each Session
- Sessions on STEM, Design-Thinking, Project-Based Learning, Student Blogging
- Classroom Design, Robotics, 21st Century Literacy, Genius Hour, 20% Time, and Global Projects
Schools, Group Packages, and Early Bird Pricing
We are currently offering Early Bird Pricing from now till June 16th. You’ll save $50 on each conference ticket with the early bird price. And if you use the coupon code “Pernille” you will save an additional 10%!!!!!
We are also offering group packages for schools and districts. If you are a school district leader who is interested in purchasing a school/group package please contact me at ajjuliani[at]gmail[dot]com.
Learn more about this conference at TLTconference.com – and we’d also love for you to send in a proposal to speak (on the website we have a Call for Proposals).
So I hope you consider being a part of the conference or even presenting at it. I did my very first presentation 5 years ago at an online conference and I can tell you; it is an incredible experience to share the work of your students with others!
I am a passionate teacher in Oregon, Wisconsin, USA but originally from Denmark, who has taught 4th, 5th, and 7th grade. Proud techy geek, and mass consumer of incredible books. Creator of the Global Read Aloud Project, Co-founder of EdCamp MadWI, and believer in all children. The second edition of my first book “Passionate Learners – How to Engage and Empower Your Students” is available for pre-order now. Second book“Empowered Schools, Empowered Students – Creating Connected and Invested Learners” is out now from Corwin Press. Join our Passionate Learners community on Facebook and follow me on Twitter @PernilleRipp.