Goal: To teach the rest of the class about your selected biome and assess their understanding.
Products: Research report to Mrs. Ripp, hands-on extension project to use as teaching tool, assessment for class (can be verbal), self-evaluation based on class assessment.
- Determine the top 3 biomes you would like to research with your group: Savannah, desert, tundra, rainforest, grasslands, or deciduous forests.
- Within group, research the various parts of your biome, such as: people, climate, plants, animals, locations. You decide what the most important parts are.
- Use sources from the library as well as from our LiveBinder to research.
- Once research is completed, write one report as a group – double spaced, Times New Roman, sz. 12.
- Work on extension project for teaching, ideas are: PPT, Prezi, Animoto, Posters, diorama, terrariums, movies. You are the teacher, how would you like to be taught about a biome? Make it interesting.
- Work on how you will assess the students learning. How will you know you did a good job teaching them about your biome? Ideas for assessment include: question sheet, asking questions, have students write what they learned, have students draw/diagram their learning, have them write a song, create a concept map, do a compare/contrast, check their pre-knowledge and then their post-knowledge, true or false, word search, definition match, crossword, write a blog post that talks about your learning, solve a problem, student choice
- You need to know your facts as the teacher, figure out who will do what etc.