I love that I get asked a lot about student blogging because it is something I am passionate about. I often find myself sharing various posts, letters, and lessons that I have created, which means I have to find them first. So to make my life easier, and perhaps even yours, here are my best resources on the why, the how, and the do on student blogging.
- I use KidBlog and not because I am paid by them but because it is just that easy and good.
- Why should you blog with your students:
- What students can use a blog for, even after they leave
- Considering whether you want to blog, here is a post discussing how it is not just for fun
- Ask the Children – My RSCON3 presentation on how blogging changed our classroom and our world.
- Safety first:
- Student Blog explanation letter and Safety Pledge is right here.
- I use a lot of technology so here is my overall Parent Letter for Technology Usage.
- Why the Internet is Like the Mall – a safety discussion
- My students are discussing how to stay safe on the internet on our blog at the moment.
- The How:
I am sure I forgot something, so if I did, please let me know. I hope this is useful to you.