With the bustle of December and all of the year-end blog posts starting to be released, the end of the year is fast approaching. But with that end also comes an inevitable beginning; a January that calls for re-invention, renewed commitment, and also the energy to try new things. I do so adore January for all of its passion and courage.
It is therefore that I am pretty excited to share that the first ever official book club for Passionate Learners – How to Engage and Empower Your Students will kick off on January 10th.
Join this private Facebook group for a casual and fun exploration of the book, find a community of your own that is trying some of the ideas, or have already implemented them into their classrooms. There will be reflective questions, helpful resources, as well as ideas shared in the hopes to make this January the best one yet.
In the book club we will discuss how to
- Build a working relationship with your students based on mutual trust, respect, and appreciation.
- Be attentive to your students’ needs and share ownership of the classroom with them.
- Break out of the vicious cycle of punishment and reward to control student behaviour.
- Use innovative and creative lesson plans to get your students to become more engaged and intellectually-invested learners, while still meeting your state standards.
- Limit homework and abandon traditional grading so that your students can make the most of their learning experiences without unnecessary stress.
So if you are looking for a way to re-ignite your passion, to meet new amazing educators, and find great ideas for how to engage and empower your students, join this book club. There is no commitment once you join, pop in when you can and share when you want.
When: January 10th – February 7th
Where: Online via a private, closed Facebook group
Click here to join the Passionate Learners book club on Facebook. You will receive a notification from Facebook once you have been added to the group and you can then start posting. Please contact me with any questions. You can get your print or e-book copy of Passionate Learners here.
14 thoughts on “Ready to Re-Ignite Your Passion? Join the Passionate Learners Book Club”
I’m in. Just bought the book on my Kindle. I tried to join the FB page, but it said it wasn’t available at the moment. Looking forward to this!
I am excited for you to join, here is the link again to the group if it doesn’t work for you https://www.facebook.com/groups/1652924521657417/
Super! I purchased the book a couple months ago – YAY! I LOVE IT – and am looking forward to sharing thoughts! Thank you!